Answered By: Shane Hickey Last Updated: Mar 08, 2017 Views: 11
The reason(s) that a Consortium Loan Service (CLS) request would not be filled by a lending library include one or more of the following:
• The item is currently checked out to another patron
• The item cannot be located in the stacks of the lending library
• The volume/issue requested is not owned by the lending library
• The item belongs to a special collection that does not circulate
• The citation provided is incomplete or incorrect
If you receive an "unavailable" notification after you place a CLS request, please feel free to fill out our Interlibrary Loan request form, and we'll be happy to try to get the material for you from a library outside of the Consortium. Please note that ILL book requests can take longer than CLS requests.
If you believe a mistake was made with how your CLS request was handled, please contact the Interlibrary Loan/CLS office: 202-885-3260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.