Q. If I've truly lost a book, can I buy a replacement copy?

Answered By: Shane Hickey
Last Updated: Mar 08, 2017     Views: 56

If you lose a book that belongs to Bender Library, we're able to accept replacement copies that are in good condition. We also require that you replace the book with the best possible match in terms of publication date and edition as you can. For more information, please visit our replacement policy page. If the book is overdue, any fines that accrue will be valid, so renew the book if necessary to prevent any fines.

Please note: we are unable to accept replacement copies for ILL or CLS books that belong to other libraries. For information about replacement policies at other WRLC schools, please contact that library directly.

Contact the libary's Borrowing Desk for more information about Bender Library's replacement policy or to report a book as lost: circulation@american.edu or 202-885-3221.

Related Topics