Answered By: Kathryn Ray Last Updated: Mar 08, 2017 Views: 38
In 2013, AU Library joined with partners from across campus to create AU Library's Research Commons.
The Research Commons offers students a variety of services in one convenient central location—the first floor of the library. Services include:
- Research Assistance & Reference Desk (get help finding academic sources & other general research help)
- Professional Communication (practice oral presentations with experts )
- Writing Center (appointment only)
- Statistical Software Support (drop in help with SPSS, STATA and other quantitative software packages)
- Technology Support Desk (hardware and software troubleshooting for students, faculty and staff)
The Research Commons academic partners' hours are posted on the Library website http://www.american.edu/library/about/hours.cfm (click, then scroll down for Research Commons hours and contact information). Hours for the services vary, and some services are by appointment. Hours may be subject to minor changes – please check the website for most current information.
The Reference Assistance / Reference Desk and the OIT Help Desk (technology assistance) remain open year round. Other Research Commons partners take a break after the last day of classes.
Learn more about the Research Commons.
Read the Press Release announcing opening of Research Commons, 2013