Answered By: Stephanie Felice Last Updated: Aug 12, 2018 Views: 42
You can view the status of our CLS requests through your library account. Did you request the item more than once? If not, then one or more of the following reasons may be the reason your request was not processed:
- The item is currently checked out to another patron
- The item cannot be located in the stacks of the lending library
- The volume/issue requested is not owned by the lending library
- The item belongs to a special collection that does not circulate
- The citation provided is incomplete or incorrect
If you receive an "unavailable" notification after you place a CLS request, please feel free to fill out our Interlibrary Loan request form, and we'll be happy to try to get the material for you from a library outside of the Consortium. Please note that ILL book requests can take longer than CLS requests.
If you believe a mistake was made with how your CLS request was handled, please contact the Interlibrary Loan/CLS office: (202) 885-3260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.