Answered By: Kathryn Ray Last Updated: Dec 14, 2018 Views: 2150
Current AU students, faculty & staff access D&B® (Dun and Bradstreet) Key Business Ratios on the Web (KBR), via the library's homepage - under RESEARCH RESOURCES > Search Databases > K > Key Business Ratios.
KBR provides immediate online access to competitive benchmarking data. Researchers can examine industry benchmarks compiled from D&B®’s (Dun and Bradstreet) database of public and private companies, featuring 14 key business ratios (users choose a one-year or three-year set of ratios) for public and private companies in 800 lines of business.
Examine the financial soundness of a company and how well it can meet short and long-term obligations.
Check the quality of receivables and the efficiency of asset control; measure the effectiveness of payment to supplier; and evaluate over or under-trading on equity.
Study how profit is earned relative to sales, total assets and net worth.
- Search data by SIC and NAICS code, line of business, asset range and year.
- Company Filtering and User Profiles
- Company Drill Down
- Download and Create Reports
- Mapping Capabilities
- Input financial data and instantly compare any balance sheet with industry benchmarks
- Profile a company’s best customers
- Pinpoint a company’s strongest suppliers
- Identify acquisition targets
(This information is accurate as of July 2018)